Environmentally sensitive and cost-effective remediation services
Innospec Environmental provides a complete decommissioning and remediation service for redundant lead alkyl blending plants and many other highly hazardous materials.
We have completed over 200 projects all over the world, carrying out work on chemical plants, bulk chemical ships, arsenic contaminated vessels and ground remediation projects.
Our services cover tetraethyl lead (TEL), TML and many other highly hazardous materials.
Demand for our solutions has increased significantly over the past decade, as the global phasing out of lead in fuel gathers pace. As knowledgeable experts in the market, we offer a safe, cost-effective and environmentally sensitive service which provides complete piece of mind to our customers.
Safe pair of hands
The deconstruction and cleaning of chemical facilities is a highly hazardous and extremely specialized operation.
If the remediation process is not completed correctly, redundant plants and vessels can pose a serious health and environmental threat.
When customers commission our highly trained engineers to execute a project, they can be confident that the expert team will safeguard the health of everyone and deliver high quality end results.
Our unrivalled experience ensures our approach is second to none.
- Highly developed health, safety and environmental management systems and controls
- Efficient management and co-ordination of complex projects involving multiple disciplines
- A highly flexible and rapid approach to managing and resolving operationally and logistically difficult projects
- A track record of project delivery on time and to budget.
Our services include:
- TEL storage and blending plant remediation
- TEL contaminated land remediation
- Leaded gasoline tank declassification
- World-leading training and consultancy
- Rapid, global emergency response
Our range includes:
TEL storage and blending plant remediation
Comprehensive and tailored remediation solutions
We provide a full remediation service for the dismantling, decontamination and destruction of redundant TEL (tetraethyl lead) storage and blending facilities.
This highly hazardous work is performed by experts using specialist equipment and materials and includes comprehensive risk assessments, method statements and procedures.
Our TEL remediation packages also provide:
- Extensive health and safety planning which is tailored to our customers needs
- Shipment of specialist equipment directly to site
- Shipping of waste back to our unique process facility in the UK, in full compliance with the Basel Convention and the Transfrontier Shipment of Waste Regulations
- Engineering capabilities or the provision of small-scale chemical injection systems into fuel streams
TEL contaminated land remediation
Reclaim the land
Innospec Environmental’s TEL contaminated land remediation service cleans up land and groundwater that may have been contaminated with tetraethyl lead (TEL), using proven specialist methods.
The service complements and is closely aligned to our TEL plant remediation solutions.
From initial investigation to full site clean-up and waste treatment, our highly trained team can offer a full land remediation service.
Leaded gasoline tank declassification
Breathing new life into ex-leaded tanks
It is commonly assumed that once a tank has been in leaded service it will always have to be treated as a leaded tank.
Our unique leaded gasoline tank declassification service ensures that this need not be the case.
Using specialist guidelines, we can determine if ex-leaded tanks can be safely declassified from leaded duty, saving both time and money during maintenance and cleaning.
World-leading training and consultancy
Learning from the field’s foremost experts
We offer a world-leading training and consultancy service relating to the safe and environmentally responsible handling of organic lead compounds and related issues.
Our training and consultancy service allows us to share our expertise on leaded gasoline tank cleaning and lead alkyls hazard awareness, helping to create a safer chemicals sector.
We provide a range of tailored training and consultancy solutions to our customers, built around their specific business and manufacturing requirements.
Rapid, global emergency response